Frequently asked questions:
What is a Covid-19 Rapid Test?
The COVID-19 Rapid Test is a 15-minute test that detects the presence of the SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in . This is one of 3 types of tests that are used to identify the presence of COVID-19. This is the first COVID-19 IgM/IgG Antibody Rapid Test to be licensed by Health Canada (Class III). The device is also approved by the FDA in the US. This on-site rapid test detects antibodies produced when infected by the COVID-19 virus (Coronavirus Disease), caused by 2019-nCoV (SARS-CoV-2). This test is intended for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid antigens in direct anterior nasal swabs from individuals who are either suspected of COVID-19 by their health care provider within the first five days of the onset of symptoms, or from individuals without symptoms or other epidemiological reasons to suspect COVID-19 when tested twice over two or three days with at least 24 hours and no more than 48 hours between tests.
How does the Covid-19 Rapid Test work?
The COVID-19 Rapid Test is a simple point-of-care lateral flow immunoassay detecting IgM and IgG antibodies simultaneously against the COVID-19 virus within 15 minutes detecting patients at different infection stages. It does not detect the COVID-19 virus itself, but the antibodies produced to fight the virus.
It is widely accepted that IgM provides the first line of defense during viral infections, followed by the generation of adaptive, high affinity IgG responses for long-term immunity and immunological memory. Therefore, testing of COVID-19 IgM and IgG antibodies is an effective method for the rapid diagnosis of COVID-19 infection. Furthermore, detection of COVID-19 IgM antibodies tends to indicate a recent exposure to COVID-19, whereas detection of COVID-19 IgG antibodies indicates a later stage of infection. Thus, this combined antibody test could also provide information on the stage of infection.
What are the Covid-19 test features?
- Detects antibodies 5-7 days after symptoms first appear
- Provides clear results within 15 minutes to our Registered Nurse and/or Occupational Health Tech
- Offered both in our Precede Clinics, as well as virtually via our Tele-Health platform
- FDA Approved in the USA & expected to pass Class 3 Licensing in Canada on March 30
- Minimally invasive test options (mid nasal swab)
Tele-health rapid testing service for travel clearance
- Rapid antigen test results in less than 30 minutes
- Good for travel to USA & Worldwide requiring Rapid Antigen Testing for International Travel
- Certified Travel results paperwork emailed to you within 60-90 minutes of your online appointment
- Self-test in your home under virtual supervision and interpretation of a Precede Nurse/Technician
- Book online by clicking on the button above and below
Important US travel notice
As of June 13, 2022 flights departing to the US from a foreign country at or after that time no longer have to present a negative test result or documentation of recovery in the past 90 days from Covid-19.
Important Travel Information
As part of the efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, Precede Occupational Health Services is proud to be a testing provider for travellers looking to travel internationally. We supply both on-site testing at our Precede Clinics, as well as supervised remote testing via our at home RN Connect Tele-Health Services (all testing done via video supervised collection and results from the comfort of your home/office/hotel room).
Precede’s RN Connect Tele-Health collection integrates directly with our Results Department to ensure timely and secure results for your travel paperwork. Patients can self-swab with confidence through the video oversight of a Precede Occupational Health Service Tele-Health Occupational Health Technician or Nurse, all from your home/office/hotel room via a secure Video Call.
IMPORTANT Information Regarding Your Booking and Video COVID Testing:
- NOTE: As of April 1, 2022 you do NOT need to provide a COVID Rapid Antigen testing to enter Canada by land or air.
- It is important that you ensure that you have a Health Approved Rapid antigen test from the country you are leaving prior to your appointment. You must either have access to your own COVID Rapid Antigen kit as approved by the country you are leaving, or physically pick them up from one of our Precede locations or pharmacies, etc.
- You can book a MAXIMUM of three family members/people per 30 minute Tele-Health testing appointment. If you have more than three people, please book a second appointment.
- If required, your complete travel paperwork will be emailed to you within 1 hour of completing your COVID online testing (with confirmed negative results). This paperwork will allow you to board all international flights. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of all the health regulations, testing requirements, etc. of the country you are leaving and visiting. *Please verify which test your destination will require before purchase. Verify with your airline or click this link: https://www.skyscanner.ca/travel-restrictions
For optimal use when connecting via video with us for your testing, we recommend using the following browser:
- If on a desktop computer, please use Google Chrome browser.
- If on an Android phone, please use Google Chrome browser.
- If on an Apple iPhone, please use Safari.
If you are having trouble connecting with the video link, please refresh your browser. If you have trouble connecting during your Tele-Health call, please refresh your browser. You can also call our Human Resources Team for support: 1-(587) 457-2849
Ensure you allow your browser access to both your camera and microphone when connecting with us.
For general inquiries about COVID TESTING with Precede, who should I contact?
Please email: email@example.com
For any other questions or concerns, please call us at 1-(587) 457-2849 or 1-587-807-5951
Staff are available to speak 8 am – 5 pm MST (Monday – Friday, not including STAT Holidays)
Precede’s drug and alcohol testing services ensure accuracy and confidentiality.