The following policy outlines how the Precede Occupational Health Services (“we”, “us”, or the “Company”) will collect, use, protect and disclose personal information provided to us, including through our website www.precedeohs.com, any online software or mobile application we make available from time to time, and any other services provided by the Company (the “Website”). Please note that this policy also applies to Internet and e-mail use by the Company’s employees, contractors, clients, customers and suppliers.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is any information which can identify an individual or through which an individual’s identity can be deduced, and which is disclosed to us or which we create within the context of our relationship with the individual. Please note that Personal information does not include information that does not relate to an identified individual nor does it include an individual’s name, title, and business address or business telephone number.
We collect personal information that is provided to us when you use our Website, including when you participate in activities such as the following:
- Create an account as a user
- Access the Website from a desktop of mobile device
- Contact us with a questions
- Purchase support or monitoring services or other products
- Discussions with our employees and contractors
- Make a comment or submit information through our software
Given our concern for the privacy of children, it is our policy not to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Please contact us at the contact information below if you believe we may have collected information from your child and we will work to delete it.
Why Does the Company Collect Personal information?
In serving the needs of the Company and its employees, contractors and customers, it is important that the Company have accurate information. The Company may collect personal information in order to:
- establish your identity;
- understand your needs for, and determine your suitability for, products and services;
- provide services to you and inform you of new products and services;
- establish and maintain an employment or contractor relationship; and
- adhere to legal requirements.
How Will Personal Information Be Used?
The Company may use personal information in order to:
- provide you with access to parts of the Website reserved for registered users;
- supply the Website and provide feedback and answer your questions if you contact us;
- administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- contact you for your views on the Website;
- notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website;
- enable us to show you our services on our Website that are more relevant to you;
- comply with legal, regulatory and other obligations;
- help us prevent fraud; and
- for any other purpose notified to you whether statistical or analytical.
When Might Personal Information Be Disclosed?
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with the Company;
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data;
- to administer and maintain Precede Occupational Health Services and user relationship;
How Does the Company Protect Personal Information?
Safeguards, security systems and processes are in place to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, or modification, whether on-site or off-site.
All personal information maintained within the Company is centrally located and is maintained secure and confidential.
How Long Will the Company Retain Your Information?
We retain your information for only so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it has been collected. Your personal information will be destroyed once it is no longer needed by us and once all requirements at law have been met.
Have You Consented?
There are some instances where we may need to disclose personal information to a third party service provider, including those in psychological, medical, social work, and security fields. Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may also share your personal information with these service providers to help us analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you. Personal Information shared with such third parties will be used in accordance with such third parties’ own privacy practices which the Company does not have control over. You should review such privacy practices before agreeing to have your personal information shared with such third parties. In the event that a third party service provider is located outside of Canada, the government, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that jurisdiction may be able to obtain disclosure of your personal information through the laws of that jurisdiction.
By submitting your personal information to us, you have consented to our use and disclosure of the personal information for the purposes as outlined in this policy. If we wish to use or disclose your personal information other than as described in this policy, we will obtain your express consent before doing so.
If you prefer that we not use or disclose your personal information for any of these purposes, you may notify us in writing at any time. If you do not notify us, we will consider you to have consented to our continued use and disclosure of your personal information. A notification that we not use or disclose your personal information for certain purposes may affect our ability to provide you with appropriate services.
Please note that from time to time, we may be compelled to release personal information as required or permitted by law.
How Can You Access Your Personal Information?
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in the personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying your identity when requesting access to or correction of your personal information records. If your request for personal information entails a significant cost due to time, resources or copying, there may be a charge.
Each time you visit our Website, we gather the date, time, browser type, name of visitor’s internet service provider, the site that referred the visitor to us, any pages that are requested, the navigation history and IP address of the visitor. The foregoing information does not generally contain anything that can identify users personally. We use this information for our internal audit log and system administration, and to gather broad demographic information about our user base. This information may be shared with third parties in order to provide services for aggregate use including advertising.
If you object to this gathering of information, you should not use or access our web pages.
Our Website may employ the use of “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small line of data that is sent to your Internet browner from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies can track how and when you use a site. A cookie does not damage your system and identifies your browser, not you personally. If you do not wish to receive a cookie, use the options in your web browser.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, or should you wish to review your personal information, please contact Precede Occupational Health Services at 1-866-989-0499 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org